Do you want to move with ease and comfort without aches and pains?
Running after and keeping up with your kids or grandkids….
Sitting on the floor and playing with them….
Clearing up after them….
Jumping on a trampoline….
Going for a walk, jog, run or bike ride….
We should all feel good in our bodies
Without worrying that….
- your back or your knees are going to give way when you get up from the floor, or that
- you might leak pee when you chase after your kids or grandkids or if you jump on a trampoline or if you sneeze or laugh, or
- that your pelvic organs might fall out, or
- that you can’t go back to your favourite sport or exercise class.
If you’re fed up with aches, pains, niggles and leaks and refuse to believe the popular narrative that it’s just what we women have to accept as we get older or if we’ve had children, then you need to join one of my classes.
Like me, you’re planning to be stronger, fitter and healthier as you get older and capable of living life to the fullest.
This is the class I’ve created to help relieve tension, build strength and bring balance to the body. We will work through a mixture of moves that you might be familiar with from pilates, yoga and strength classes. Expect to feel like you’ve done some exercise at the end – your muscles will get a workout! After 60 minutes of muscle release and muscle work, we will spend 10 to 15 minutes for deep relaxation at the end.
BUT this is MORE than just an exercise class, your booking ALSO includes:
- knowledge sprinkled throughout each class on how to reconnect to your body, so you can feel sure that you’re moving in a way that’s helping not hindering your body
- a friendly and supportive WhatsApp group for the class
- membership of the Women’s Wellbeing Project where you will have delivered to your phone (via a Whatsapp group) a workout video each weekday from a selection of more than 50 different videos
- access to a private Facebook community for all Emma Riedo Movement clients with access to Emma for questions, articles, and instructional videos.
- short movement break videos of between 1 and 3 minutes.
- replay available for one week after the Mindful Movement and Strength for Women class, if you miss the class.
Sounds great! When is it and how can I sign up?
Thursdays 10am GMT
Time: Thursdays 10am until 11.15pm GMT (75 minutes)
Dates: 15 April, 22 April, 29 April, 6 May, 13 May, 20 May and 27 May
Venue: ONLINE via Zoom (potentially the optioon to take part either online or in person from Much Hadham Village Hall (SG10 6DQ)
Investment: £154 for 7 weeks of small group teaching, a weekly home practice video to keep, and membership of the Women’s Wellbeing project.
Should I do Mindful Movement and Strength for Women or Restore Your Core?
This class can be done before or after a Restore Your Core Foundations class. If you have already done a Restore Your Core course, you can use this class to continue to build your strength and knowledge with core and pelvic floor safe exercises.
It is also suitable for those who have not done Restore Your Core Foundations, you will still build your knowledge of how to move your body mindfully to build strength and function. You can always take a deeper dive into Restore Your Core with a Course, workshop or 1-2-1 at a later date.
Is this in person or online?
Both. This class is held in person (where Government Guidelines allow) and also streamed online at the same time. I use a high-quality microphone so that you can hear me well. I also watch those online through a screen close to me, so I can let you know any adjustments or give you individual guidance.
What are you doing to make the class Covid-19 Secure?
All mats are 2 metres apart at least. All equipment is either disinfected or washed between users or where this is not practicable (for the bolsters and straps) they will be quarantined for 48 hours between users. You are always welcome to bring your own equipment (a mat, half dome roller or block, 2 x yoga tune-up or tennis balls). The hall is cleaned between users and hand sanitiser is provided for your use, or you may wash your hands. For more details about our Covid-19 Policy please click here.
What happens if we’re locked down again, classes cannot continue or I have to self isolate?
In the event of another lockdown, the class will continue via Zoom for all from my home studio to your home – this is exactly what happened very successfully during the first lockdown. I use a big screen, so I can see you all and correct you where required. You can ask questions as we move through the class. If you have to self isolate or cannot attend the class in person, you can join online via Zoom from the village hall. If I have to self isolate (but am well, I will stream the class from my home studio via Zoom).
What does small group mean?
There will be no more than 8 women in person or online. Up to a maximum of 6 in person and up to a maximum of 4 online (so could be 5 in person and 3 online or 4 in person and 4 online).
Looking to buy someone a gift voucher or want to suggest that someone buys you a gift voucher, click here.